HMNS Scout Classes
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, and Bears and Webelos Scouts can work towards Adventures scheduled in two-hour classes.
- Scouts BSA can work on several merit badges, including six Eagle Scout required badges. All classes use the resources at the museum’s disposal to help Scouts meet requirements.
- Classes are offered throughout the school year and may be taken in-person or virtually.
- In-person classes include admission to all permanent exhibits for the scout and one chaperone.
- Badges on Demand are for dens or troops who want to schedule a private class to work on a Cub Scout adventure or merit badge.
- STEM Nova Day is held every September going virtual! Bring the excitement of Scouts programming to your own home with guest speakers, interactive classes and even a virtual Burke Baker Planetarium show. This year, we are offering the Out of This World STEM ova award for Cub Scouts and Mendel’s Minions for Scouts BSA.
Rosenberg Railroad Museum
The Rosenberg Railroad Museum maintains exhibits relating to local railroad history, has a mission of education and preservation of Fort Bend County's rich railroad history. The museum is offering merit badge classes. The classes are 3-hour long presentations and cost $30 per Scout and includes parent admission. Presentations are scheduled from Wednesdays thru Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm. The Rosenberg Railroad Museum is taking all precautions to keep everyone safe by following the guidelines set forth for Fort Bend County (e.g., wearing a mask, social distancing protocols). To register, contact Donna Wheeler at email@example.com or 281-633-2846.